Jobs at X-PAC Technologies
We have Two immediate Openings, please apply with confidence:
One for Sales Development Manager and Second for Plant/Production Supervisor
Position: Sales Development Manager Location: Cambridge, ON
Reports to: President
X-PAC has been influencing both Companies and their products for over 20 years specializing in Functional Foods, Sports Supplements and Nutraceuticals. X-PAC is a Health Canada Registered manufacturing facility and has the capabilities to blend and pack off many finished formats involving powders, capsules and tablets. We consider ourselves ahead of the game when it comes to trends and novel active ingredients and pride ourselves in our customer service, the variety of services, and the value-added resources available under the X-PAC roof.
X-PAC has a vacancy in our Sales department that requires an individual to possess exceptional sales skills supported by above average organizational skills, able to coach others to extract the hidden qualities of all team members, superior communication skills, and has vision to build a sales force and make it their own. The right individual will not be intimidated by “Brands” but look at them as opportunity to develop new relationships in turn creating a very lucrative career knowing advancement within X-PAC is real if you work for it.
The ideal candidate is a motivated, goal-oriented self-starter with relevant industry experience and the ability to deliver results with minimal supervision working from a home-based office.
- Take existing customer base and devise strategies that uncover more business opportunities.
- Develop relationships with new and existing customer base, focusing on Health Platforms (Nutraceutical, Sport and Lifestyle Nutrition, and Functional Foods).
- Liaise between the R&D Department and customer to maintain momentum to ensure timely and realistic product launch scenarios.
- Participate in the process of commercial offers and/or supply agreements supporting cost savings through to pricing.
- Maintain and organize an up-to-date X-PAC Call Report Log of all sales/business activities involving customers and or prospective customers.
- Effectively analyze industry trends in order to influence or contribute to new ideas, new formulas and to educate the customer.
- Must be available to travel across Canada and the USA for sales calls, effectively gaining business or resolving any issues that require a face-to-face in order work things out.
- Must be available to travel to events and trade shows specific to the business of each customer.
- Must be at the Head Office once per week, to review and resolve various topics as well as the review of sales targets, goals, milestones and growth projections.
- Must be flexible for growth and additional responsibilities as
- degree in science, Nutrition, Food, or Nutraceutical programs would be a very good asset.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an advanced sales environment servicing the Functional Foods, Sport Supplement, or the Nutraceutical industries
- Previous experience in the following; Analytical, Product Development, Quality Assurance, Bench Applications will be an asset
- Availability during core work hours of Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm (EST); evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand
- Home Base being within 100km of Head office Cambridge is ideal but not a deal breaker. Have a valid driver’s license, and have regular access to a vehicle. Note: some overnight travel will be required
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to comprehend technical data, and all matters business.
- Thinking outside the box, creative but realistic, to problem solve and adapt the continuous improvement culture
- Strong analytical skills with competency to use technology to drive efficiency and results; i.e. Office365 and ERP systems.
- Ability to quickly build rapport with multiple levels and departments in large, complex organizations
- Team Player, but will work hard, efficient and productive on your own.
- The ability to demonstrate success by producing results.
Base salary will reflect experience, and industry knowledge, as well as a performance-based commission structure influence by meeting target revenue. X-PAC offers a benefit package, more details upon selection.
This could be the start of something great
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter telling us why you would be a great fit for the X-PAC Sales Team.
Plant / Production Supervisor Location Cambridge ON
Position Outline and Responsibilities
We are looking for a highly motivated, detail orientated, provides leadership through effective communication, coaching/training, and direct resources, to achieve desired objectives
Ensures production personnel are trained and signed-off in use of PPE’s (Personal Protective Equipment), appropriate lock-out tag-out procedures, JSA (Job Safety Analysis) and fire safety.
Ensures production associates understand procedures applicable to their position.
Writes/reviews job descriptions applicable to personnel assigned to them.
Review of production associates job performance (yearly).
Ongoing performance review of work performed by production associates.
Ensure the appropriate quantity of retain samples are collected and recorded.
Responsible for achieving desired production goals.
Coordinate with appropriate departments to ensure required uptime to meet goals.
Performs required rework in a timely manner.
Monitors on hold product to expedite return to production.
Maintain appropriate staffing levels for cost effectiveness.
Minimize and tracks changeover times for production lines.
Maximize uptimes for blending lines.
Write, implement and train associates in efficient changeover methods.
Ensuring the health and safety of the team
Quality standards are met in the processing and packaging departments
Standard operating procedures are followed.
Schedule and ensure the correct allocation of resources to achieve production standards, thereby striving to meet and exceed customer service levels
Analytical skills to identify, justify and implement continuous improvement opportunities as well as provide accurate and timely reporting of production date.
Ensure GMP’s and HACCP are strictly enforced.
Ability to motivate and train production associates.
Sound decision making ability.
Manage and document associates scheduling.
Problem solving skills.
Conflict resolution ability.
Associate degree/diploma in technical field and 5 years supervisory experience in similar industry.
In lieu of degree/diploma 7 years supervisory experience.
Knowledge of 5S concepts.
Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles.
Safety record of associates.
Signed off safety training for all production associates in area of responsibility.
Continuous improvement in recorded and reported changeover times.
Ongoing adherence to 6S principles.
Elimination of quality related returns.
Throughput measured as a percentage of theoretical efficiency.
Cost per unit reduction in area of responsibility.
Must know about Potential Safety Hazards such as:
Floor debris, powder.
Fork truck movement.
Motion of machinery.
Rolling equipment, hand trucks etc.
Temperature in work area.
Use of knife in opening bags.
Weight of material bags.
Blender/Bag baler operations.
Please send your resume to email@example.com with a cover letter telling us why you would be a great fit for the X-PAC Operation Team.